[REC] Discussion round about: The Internet – the backbone of our society at Future-IoT 3rd edition: “IoT meets Security” (2020-10-05)
The evening program for the participants was a panel discussion on the role, challenges, and opportunities of today’s Internet. It started with a video interview that Marc-Oliver Pahl did in 2016 with Vinton Cerf. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/-eGB7BNtR18.
Vint Cerf and Robert Khan did the central initial works on the Internet Protocol (IP) that holds the Internet together. In the interview, Vint describes how it all started, what were the challenges, and what makes the Internet such a great architecture.
After the video, Laurent Toutain, Nicolas Montavont, and Marc-Oliver Pahl discussed current challenges in today’s Internet with the participants. We had a lively discussion with great interaction with the participants! We covered topics such as sustainability, Internet for everyone, or resilience. This part was definitely a highlight of the PhD school!
This discussion was held at the 3rd edition of the Future IoT PhD school series 2020 under the motto “IoT meets Security”. Future-IoT 2020 introduces to the fascinating world of the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and its security challenges.
IoT meets Security recordings:
Monday, Oct 5, 2020 – The Who is Who of IoT Security
- 13h00 Grand Opening, Marc-Oliver Pahl and Nicolas Montavont (IMT/ TUM)
- 13h15 IoT meets Security, Marc-Oliver Pahl (Chaire Cyber CNI) and Lars Wüstrich (TUM)
- 14h15 Business Value through IoT and AI, Niels Thomsen (Atos)
- 15h30 Enhanced Company Resilience through Cybersecurity, Emmanuel Bricard (elm.leblanc)
- 16h30 End-to-End security for IoT constrained devices, Paul Emmanuel Brun (Airbus)
- 18h30 Virtual Strasbourg City Tour, Nicolas Montavont
Tuesday, Oct 6, 2020 – Innovation, transitions, reliability, and experimentation
- 9h00 Culture of Innovation and working backwards process, Asinetta Serban (Amazon Web Services)
- 11h00 Challenges on the way to 4.0, Olivier Presne, Francois Planchot, Cornelia Lux (ArianeGroup)
- 14h00 From best-effort to high-reliability for the Industrial Internet of Things, Fabrice Theoleyre (CNRS)
- 15h00 Presentation IoT Lab, Guillaume Schreiner (Université de Strasbourg)
- 18h30 The Internet – the backbone of our society: Recorded interview with Turing Award winner Vint Cerf and Panel Discussion
Wednesday, Oct 7, 2020 – IoT, OT, you, and the ethics
- 14h00 Security for IoT and OT – An Industrial Perspective, Oliver Pfaff (Siemens)
- 18h30 Discussion on Ethical Decision Making, with recorded talk from Martin Hellmann (Turing Award winner and half of the Diffie-Hellmann key exchange; recorded talk from the Being-Human with Algorithms Symposium 2018 as a world premiere)
- 19h30 Closing Event
- Recap Summer School on Future IoT “IoT meets Autonomy” (Aug 29 – Sep 2, 2022) - October 14, 2022
- FIOT5 (9/9): Antoine Wacheux (AWS) with a keynote on “The Smart Territory Framework” - August 28, 2022
- FIOT5 (8/9): Laurent Toutain (Acklio) with a keynote on “Autonomous management of low power wide area networks” - August 28, 2022