3rd Summer School Future-IoT: IoT meets Security
The 3rd summer school Future-IoT: IoT meets Security is coming. Make sure to register today as we only have 40 seats!
Check the program and register at https://school.future-iot.org/
As usual we have a great line-up of industrial partners, an exciting program, our industry hackathon challenges, the expert jury pitch on Friday, multiple city tours, great dinners, a surprise fun event on Wednesday, and much more!
Call for Participation
especially for PhD students, practitioners, PostDocs and Master Students
3rd Future IoT Summer School “IoT meets Security”
June 8 (Mon)-12 (Fri), 2020 | Strasbourg | France
The registration is open from now until we selected 40 candidates, so register today!
We start selecting participants from March 2, 2020.
Organized by Institut Mines Télécom and Technical University of Munichas a flagship event of the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Futurein collaboration with leading industry partners from France and Germany includingAirbus, ArianeGroup, Atos, elm.leblanc, Siemens, and several other industrial partners that are yet to be confirmed.(Check the website for updates.)
Note: We will have a limited amount of travel support grants kindly sponsored by the German-French Academy for the industry of the future, and the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule / Université Franco-Allemande.
Security is the central challenge of the Internet of Things (IoT) today. Imagine a robot going crazy and hurting workers, or a car doing mass surveillance and sharing information about the people in its neighbourhood to remote storages. We will discover attacks and protection mechanisms together with you not only theoretical but hands on in the challenges provided directly from the factories and research labs of our industrial partners.
In our summer school we will introduce you to the fascinating world of the Industrial Internet of Things, the IoT that makes factories and critical infrastructure run. You will learn about many different aspects from device manufacturing over communication protocol and semantics to application management – all with a focus on security.
The Future IoT summer school offers an exciting mix of lectures, hands-on tutorial, and hackathon challenges. There is also a lot of room for getting to know each other, networking, and exploring our hosting city!
- 40 students from all over the world connecting to each other and working on real challenges
- ~11 Keynotes and lectures from top industrial and academic experts.
- ~10 exciting challenges you will work on in teams of 4 coming directly from our industry partners in our startup hackathon.
- 2 city tours with dinners
- 1 secret fun event with dinner
- 1 hacking night with games and pizza.
- 1 pitch event in front of our expert jury on Friday with prizes!
- Direct contact to key people of the participating companies.
- A unique location with excellent food.
- Multiple organized events to get to know our hosting location.
Please help us spread the word to potential applicants. Thanks!
We are looking forward to meeting you in Strasbourg!
Marc-Oliver Pahl (TUM / IMT) and Nicolas Montavont (IMT)
- FIOT5 (6/9): Pascal Traverse (Airbus) “Autonomy and Innovation as Enablers for the Aircraft Industry” - August 24, 2022
- We still have a few seats available: Join us for the 5th Future-IoT PhD School 2022 on IoT meets Autonomy from Aug 29 – Sep2, 2022! - August 22, 2022
- Help us spreading the word: 5th Future-IoT “IoT meets Autonomy”, Berlin 29.8.-2.9.2022 - June 21, 2022