We still have a few seats available: Join us for the 5th Future-IoT PhD School 2022 on IoT meets Autonomy from Aug 29 – Sep2, 2022!
Please inform your interested friends about this opportunity: The 5th Future-IoT PhD school on “IoT meets Autonomy” is running from Aug 29 – Sep , 2022 in Berlin. A week full of exciting keynotes, challenges, research exchange, networking, and social events lays ahead of us! Only a few days left and we have good news for you: we still have space on-site and remotely via video conferencing. Check the program and register at school.future-iot.org.
For the full on-site experience, we still have a few rooms blocked. If you want to fully participate physically, register as soon as possible as we distribute First Come First Served now.
If you want to participate remotely in all activities including posters and challenges, we also have some zoom places left for that. This is the recommended remote category as it gives you almost the full experience.
We celebrate our 5th anniversary this year! We cordially invite you to our 5th Future-IoT.org PhD school on “IoT meets Autonomy” from Aug 29th – Sep 2nd, 2022 at the Einstein Center Digital Future in Berlin, Germany. Expect a week full of exciting challenges, keynotes, PhD pitches, networking, sight seeing, and more – short, a lot of fun is awaiting you. Inform your friends! Share the info! Subscribe to the news! Participate with your company in the organisation! More info and registration at school.future-iot.org
This year’s edition has the motto “IoT meets Autonomy“. Many of the computer systems around us work autonomously. They simply run without human intervention, adapt to their environment, or even evolve with mechanisms such as Machine Learning. Implementing such functionality can be challenging. These challenges are not only technical but also ethical, societal, juridic, etc. In this years edition, we will explore different forms of autonomy using the IoT as use case. Topics include but are not limited to Data Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT protocols, self-*, and cybersecurity.
All in the usual format with a strong participation of our industry partners, including Siemens, AWS, Airbus, Acklio, and Aperion Analytics, our university partners IMT Atlantique, TU München, TU Berlin, Institut Mines Télécom, and our institutional partners German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future, Université Franco-Allemande / Deutsch-Französische Hochschule, German Chapter of the ACM, and IRISA.
About the Future-IoT.org PhD school series
The Future-IoT.org Ph.D. school series happens once a year since 2018. It was started by Marc-Oliver Pahl (back then TU München, now IMT Atlantique) and Nicolas Montavont (IMT Atlantique). In 2022 Sebastian Steinhorst (TUM) joined the organization.
The previous editions are listed in the following. Click on the links to get an impression of what you can expect in the recordings.
- “IoT meets Cyber & Security (2021, Rennes, France)”
- “IoT meets Security (2020 in the cyberspace)“
- “IoT meets AI (2019, Munich)”
- “IoT meets Industry (2018, St Malo)”
The series is organized by IMT Atlantique and the Technical University of Munich as a flagship event of the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future. The French-German series is kindly supported by the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule / Université Franco-Allemande.
Future-IoT.org connects academia and industry. Therefore, the series is in collaboration with leading industry partners from France and Germany including Airbus, ArianeGroup, Atos, AWS, elm.leblanc, Siemens, and several other industrial partners.
The Future IoT summer school offers an exciting mix of lectures, hands-on tutorials, and hackathon challenges. There is also a lot of room for getting to know each other, networking, and exploring our hosting city!
- 40 students from all over the world on-site, connecting to each other and working on real challenges
- ~60 online participants
- Live Streaming over YouTube and LinkedIN
- ~10 Keynotes and lectures from top industrial and academic experts.
- ~10 exciting challenges you will work on in teams of 4 coming directly from our industry partners in our startup hackathon.
- 1 icebreaker session with your PhD pitch, opening a great networking event.
- 1 hacking night with games and pizza.
- 1 pitch event in front of our expert jury on Friday with prizes!
- Direct contact to key people of the participating companies.
- A unique location with excellent food.
- Multiple social events to get to know all participants and our hosting city
- and much more!
- FIOT5 (6/9): Pascal Traverse (Airbus) “Autonomy and Innovation as Enablers for the Aircraft Industry” - August 24, 2022
- We still have a few seats available: Join us for the 5th Future-IoT PhD School 2022 on IoT meets Autonomy from Aug 29 – Sep2, 2022! - August 22, 2022
- Help us spreading the word: 5th Future-IoT “IoT meets Autonomy”, Berlin 29.8.-2.9.2022 - June 21, 2022