From best-effort to high-reliability for the Industrial Internet of Things – Fabrice Theoleyre (CNRS), Tuesday, Oct 6, 14h CEST
Fabrice Theoleyre from CNRS will talk about From best-effort to high-reliability for the Industrial Internet of Things at the 3rd Future-IoT PhD school on Tuesday, Oct 6, 14h CEST. Join the free live stream at https://school.future-iot.org/stream.
What will the keynote be about?
The Industrial Internet of Things is expected to enable the Industry 4.0 through the large deployment of low-power devices. However, industrial applications require most of the time high reliability close to 100%, and low end-to-end delays. This corresponds to very challenging objectives in wireless (lossy) environments. We will explain how the paradigms for the link layer access have +evolved, from a best-effort to a strictly deterministic approach. We will detail the limits of the preamble sampling approaches, and then expose how a deterministic, synchronized protocol may provide strict guarantees. We will expose the existing approaches to schedule the transmission, and present a few challenges that have still to be tackled.
We are looking forward to seeing you online for the keynote!
- Access the free live stream at https://school.future-iot.org/stream
- Full program here: https://summerschool20.future-iot.org/program/
- Tell your friends to register: https://school.future-iot.org/register
Please talk about our event…
using the hashtag #fiot20
Please follow and like our social media channels…
- IoT meets AI 2019 – Student Challenge Pitch & Closing moderated by Marc-Oliver Pahl (TUM) - April 22, 2021
- IoT meets AI 2019 – “The IoT : Standard approach and short range radio” by Nicolas Montavont (IMT) - April 20, 2021
- IoT meets AI 2019 – “IoT Security” by Marc-Oliver Pahl (TUM) - April 18, 2021