IoT meets AI 2019 – Student Challenge Pitch & Closing moderated by Marc-Oliver Pahl (TUM)
As last event of IoT meets AI 2019, the student pitched their challenges. While the jury convened, Marc-Oliver Pahl did the closing event. Finally, the winning team is announced.
# 14h00 Pitch in front of our jury panel (moderated by Marc-Oliver Pahl (TUM))
A special thing about IoT meets … is the startup hackathon where the students work in a team on one of the challenges and pitch it to a jury on Friday. This event’s topics were:
- Challenge 1: Using SIMATIC IoT devices and the TM NPU equipped with multiple environment sensors to control an automated guided vehicle (AGV) with Linux and ROS
- Challenge 2: Using the SIMATIC Open Controller with LINUX and ROS to control a robot arm which gets the target position by TM NPU combined with a vision sensor
- Challenge 3: Implementing a full IoT processing chain from sensors to visualization
- Challenge 4: Environmental monitoring by a Long-Range Wide Area Network (LoRa)
Have a look at their presentation!
After three and a half full days of intense hacking, exciting lectures and socializing events with Bavarian food, the four teams pitched their solutions to a jury. The winning team presented a robot arm equipped with a Siemens processor with its digital twin running in parallel.
The four teams did an amazing job! All challenges were solved in a unique and wonderful way! The pitch gave the opportunity to present highlights of the solution to the team and our expert jury. Our jury consisted of Stephan Weiß (Siemens), Thomas Kalnik (Siemens), Dr. Ariane Sutor (Siemens), Prof. Sebastian Steinhorst (TUM), Axel Honsdorf (BayFrance) and Emmanuel Bricard (elm leblanc).
Due to the wonderful work of all teams, the decision was very difficult.
All were winners but only one team could take our trophy home: The team “Challenge 2: Using the SIMATIC Open Controller with LINUX and ROS to control a robot arm which gets the target position by TM NPU combined with a vision sensor” won. Congratulations!
The winners took our IoT meets AI beer glass home. Enjoy the beer 🙂
# Closing (~1h; Marc-Oliver Pahl and the entire orga team)
The IoT meets AI summer school was a huge success! We had almost a week full of wondeful impressions, input, discussion and of course hacking. A big thank you! to all organisers, participants, partners and of course Werk 1 with Marlene Eder for the wonderful support!
We hope that you got a lot of unique and inspiring impressions as take home!
- [FIOT rec] Cora Lisa Perner & Paul-Emmanuel Brun (Airbus) – Keynote: Secure connected, multi-modal mobility and using vehicles as sensors - February 4, 2022
- [FIOT rec] Philippe Coval – Keynote “Prototyping on Oniro” - January 28, 2022
- [FIOT rec] Pierre Bégout (IMT Atlantique) – Keynote “Digital Twin a Mixed Reality in the industry” - January 21, 2022