FIOT5: Marc-Oliver Pahl (IMT Atlantique) with a keynote on “IoT meets Autonomy”
On Mon, Aug 29, at 9:30 am CEST, we welcome Marc-Oliver Pahl from IMT Atlantique with his keynote on “IoT meets Autonomy”. Please share the info with your interested colleagues and friends!
More info, the full program, and free registration at https://school.future-iot.org.
Live stream at https://school.future-iot.org/live.
Registration (few remaining on-site and zoom places plus more info for streamers): https://school.future-iot.org/register.
Many of the computer systems around us work autonomously. They simply run without human intervention, adapt to their environment, or even evolve with mechanisms such as Machine Learning.Implementing such functionality can be challenging. The keynote introduces the basic concepts of autonomous computing. It illustrates some use cases, and it discusses relevant challenges.
About Marc-Oliver Pahl
Prof. Dr. Marc-Oliver Pahl heads the industrial Chair Cybersecurity for Critical Networked Infrastructures (cyberCNI.fr) at IMT Atlantique Rennes, France. The chair hosts 18 professors, 9 PhDs, 4 PostDocs, and multiple engineers and interns. Marc-Oliver is an adjunct professor of Carleton University in Canada. Marc-Oliver is Vice President of the German Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) (germany.acm.org). He heads the Future Education activities of the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future (future-industry.org). Marc-Oliver’s research focuses on a holistic approach to cybersecurity with an emphasis on collaborative approaches including VR-based cybersecurity interfaces and federated learning. He is an experienced teacher and an eLearning pioneer, holding several teaching awards. He continuously hosts events for larger audience such as the TALK.CYBERcni.fr speaker series and the future-iot.org PhD school series.
About the 5th Future-IoT PhD school on “IoT meets Autonomy”
Please inform your interested friends about this opportunity: The 5th Future-IoT PhD school on “IoT meets Autonomy” is running from Aug 29 – Sep , 2022 in Berlin. A week full of exciting keynotes, challenges, research exchange, networking, and social events lays ahead of us! Only a few days left and we have good news for you: we still have space on-site and remotely via video conferencing. Check the program and register at school.future-iot.org.
For the full on-site experience, we still have a few rooms blocked. If you want to fully participate physically, register as soon as possible as we distribute First Come First Served now.
If you want to participate remotely in all activities including posters and challenges, we also have some zoom places left for that. This is the recommended remote category as it gives you almost the full experience.
We celebrate our 5th anniversary this year! We cordially invite you to our 5th Future-IoT.org PhD school on “IoT meets Autonomy” from Aug 29th – Sep 2nd, 2022 at the Einstein Center Digital Future in Berlin, Germany. Expect a week full of exciting challenges, keynotes, PhD pitches, networking, sight seeing, and more – short, a lot of fun is awaiting you. Inform your friends! Share the info! Subscribe to the news! Participate with your company in the organisation! More info and registration at school.future-iot.org
This year’s edition has the motto “IoT meets Autonomy“. Many of the computer systems around us work autonomously. They simply run without human intervention, adapt to their environment, or even evolve with mechanisms such as Machine Learning. Implementing such functionality can be challenging. These challenges are not only technical but also ethical, societal, juridic, etc. In this years edition, we will explore different forms of autonomy using the IoT as use case. Topics include but are not limited to Data Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT protocols, self-*, and cybersecurity.
- Program: https://school.future-iot.org/
- Registration: https://school.future-iot.org/register
- Blog posts: https://school.future-iot.org/2022
About the Future-IoT.org PhD school series
The Future-IoT.org Ph.D. school series happens once a year since 2018. The previous editions are “IoT meets Industry (2018, St Malo)”, “IoT meets AI (2019, Munich)”, “IoT meets Security (2020 in the cyberspace)”, “IoT meets Cyber and Security (2021, Rennes)”, “IoT meets Autonomy (2022, Berlin)“.
The series is organized by IMT Atlantique and the Technical University of Munich as a flagship event of the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future. The French-German series is kindly supported by the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule / Université Franco-Allemande, and the German Chapter of the ACM.
Future-IoT.org connects academia and industry. Therefore, the series is in collaboration with leading industry partners from France and Germany including Airbus, ArianeGroup, Atos, AWS, elm.leblanc, Siemens, and several other industrial partners.
The Future IoT summer school offers an exciting mix of lectures, hands-on tutorials, and hackathon challenges. There is also a lot of room for getting to know each other, networking, and exploring our hosting city!
Key facts of a typical edition
- 40 students from all over the world connecting to each other and working on real challenges
- ~60 online participants
- Live Streaming over YouTube, LinkedIN, and Facebook
- ~10 Keynotes and lectures from top industrial and academic experts.
- ~10 exciting challenges you will work on in teams of 4 coming directly from our industry partners in our startup hackathon.
- 1 PhD pitch and posters all over the week
- Excellent networking opportunities
- 2 city tours with dinners
- 2 hacking night with games and pizza.
- 1 pitch event in front of our expert jury on Friday with prizes!
- Direct contact to key people of the participating companies.
- A unique location with excellent food.
- Multiple organized events to get to know our hosting location.
- IoT meets Autonomy: https://school.future-iot.org/2022
- IoT meets Cyber and Security: https://school.future-iot.org/2021
- IoT meets Cybersecurity: https://school.future-iot.org/2020
- IoT meets AI: https://school.future-iot.org/2019
- IoT meets Industry: https://school.future-iot.org/2018
- Recap Summer School on Future IoT “IoT meets Autonomy” (Aug 29 – Sep 2, 2022) - October 14, 2022
- FIOT5 (9/9): Antoine Wacheux (AWS) with a keynote on “The Smart Territory Framework” - August 28, 2022
- FIOT5 (8/9): Laurent Toutain (Acklio) with a keynote on “Autonomous management of low power wide area networks” - August 28, 2022