[REC] Enhanced Company Resilience through Cybersecurity – Emmanuel Bricard (elmLeblanc) at Future-IoT 3rd edition: “IoT meets Security” (2020-10-05)
Resilience is a vital goal today in most businesses around the world. Way before COVID-19 epidemic, resilience was a fast-growing topic regarding how unpredictable geopolitical events impacted activities worldwide. The context of the environmental transition was already increasing the complexity of this complicated landscape. Where would business turn in 5, 10 years? How can organizations be prepared for the next waves of radical changes? Even at our individual level, how can we be prepared for these future disruptions?
COVID-19 outbreak reinforced this sense of urgency regarding resilience. It accelerated the way we use digital interactions to work and live together. Much of the changes impacting us are intimately linked to the digital flows enabling our world. As a result, in a faster and faster moving world, resilience relies more than ever on mastering cybersecurity.
This talk was held by Emmanuel Bricard (elmLeblanc) at the 3rd edition of the Future IoT PhD school series 2020 under the motto “IoT meets Security”. Future-IoT 2020 introduces to the fascinating world of the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and its security challenges.
IoT meets Security recordings:
Monday, Oct 5, 2020 – The Who is Who of IoT Security
- 13h00 Grand Opening, Marc-Oliver Pahl and Nicolas Montavont (IMT/ TUM)
- 13h15 IoT meets Security, Marc-Oliver Pahl (Chaire Cyber CNI) and Lars Wüstrich (TUM)
- 14h15 Business Value through IoT and AI, Niels Thomsen (Atos)
- 15h30 Enhanced Company Resilience through Cybersecurity, Emmanuel Bricard (elm.leblanc)
- 16h30 End-to-End security for IoT constrained devices, Paul Emmanuel Brun (Airbus)
- 18h30 Virtual Strasbourg City Tour, Nicolas Montavont
Tuesday, Oct 6, 2020 – Innovation, transitions, reliability, and experimentation
- 9h00 Culture of Innovation and working backwards process, Asinetta Serban (Amazon Web Services)
- 11h00 Challenges on the way to 4.0, Olivier Presne, Francois Planchot, Cornelia Lux (ArianeGroup)
- 14h00 From best-effort to high-reliability for the Industrial Internet of Things, Fabrice Theoleyre (CNRS)
- 15h00 Presentation IoT Lab, Guillaume Schreiner (Université de Strasbourg)
- 18h30 The Internet – the backbone of our society: Recorded interview with Turing Award winner Vint Cerf and Panel Discussion
Wednesday, Oct 7, 2020 – IoT, OT, you, and the ethics
- 14h00 Security for IoT and OT – An Industrial Perspective, Oliver Pfaff (Siemens)
- 18h30 Discussion on Ethical Decision Making, with recorded talk from Martin Hellmann (Turing Award winner and half of the Diffie-Hellmann key exchange; recorded talk from the Being-Human with Algorithms Symposium 2018 as a world premiere)
- 19h30 Closing Event